This month AI in Government is hosting a special ‘AI Policy Panel‘ with the guest speakers Justin Worrilow, Bryan Lane, Elanchezhain Sivagnanam, and Ed McLarney!
- Justin Worrilow: Director of Data & AI, Federal Civilian at Microsoft
Featured Guest Panelists:
- Bryan Lane, Director, Data & Artificial Intelligence at the General Service Administration (GSA)
- Elanchezhain Sivagnanam, Chief Enterprise Architect at the National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Ed McLarney, Digital Transformation Lead for Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
The adoption of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in both the United States and internationally is accelerating with companies and governments looking to gain from the many benefits that AI can provide. However, with this increased adoption of AI, it means that regulations need to be established to address transparency, data protection, accountability, fairness, bias, safety, and related areas. Regulations should aim to maximize the benefits of AI while minimizing its potential costs and risks.
Centralizing and curating standards, best practices, and lessons learned would seem to present significant benefits to both agencies and practitioners, yet doing so presents its own technical, managerial, governance, and cultural challenges. This panel will discuss the benefits, risks, and challenges associated with AI policy and regulation as well as discuss AI policies and regulations currently being discussed/enforced at various agencies.
- 11:30-12:30pm: AI Policy Panel
- 12:30-1:00pm: Your Q&A and interaction
About AI in Government:
AI in Government is where those working in and with the government get together to network, discuss, and interact on topics relating to AI, machine learning, and cognitive technologies. Join us at this monthly event for high-quality content with compelling & informative speakers and opportunities to network and connect with fellow like-minded individuals.
To learn more about AI in Government and see a list of upcoming events check out our website: https://www.aiingovernment.com. This event is free for all. If you’re interested in helping financially support this event please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.