We often get asked what projects are appropriate for AI versus other forms of technology. So, we thought it was a great topic for a podcast. In this episode of the AI Today podcast hosts Kathleen Walch and Ron Schmelzer go over when to do automation versus AI.
Automation is using technology to perform repetitive tasks. It improves speed and accuracy. Tasks are typically programmed, so it is not considered AI or intelligence. On this podcast we provide examples of when to use automation over AI. Examples include automating repetitive tasks such as approving bills or invoices and data entry. It also includes automating workflows, and extracting data from different formats.
Artificial intelligence on the other hand, while it has no commonly accepted definition, is machine behavior and function that exhibits the intelligence and behavior of humans. On this podcast we provide examples of when to use AI over automation. Examples include sentiment analysis, autonomous vehicles, and creating hyperpersonalized content.
- FREE Intro to CPMAI mini course
- CPMAI Training and Certification
- Infographic: The Steps for an AI Project
- The Steps for a Machine Learning Project
- The Five Steps for an AI Project: What you’re missing
- A Step-by-Step Approach to Running AI and Machine Learning Projects
- AI Glossary
- AI Today Podcast: AI Glossary Series- methodology, waterfall, Agile, CRISP-DM, Cognitive Project Management for AI (CPMAI)