AI systems have the potential to provide great value. But, also the potential to cause great harm. Knowing how to build or use AI systems is simply not going to be enough. You need to know how to build, use, and interact with these systems ethically and responsibly. Additionally you need to understand that Trustworthy AI is a spectrum. It addresses various aspects relating to societal, systemic, and technical areas. In this episode of the AI Today podcast hosts Kathleen Walch and Ron Schmelzer go over at a high level the Governed AI layer.
Governance is the system by which an organization is controlled and operates, and the mechanisms by which it, and its people, are held to account. Specifically as applied to Trustworthy AI, governance relates to the controls, processes, and organizational structure that ensures ethical, responsible, and transparent AI. In this episode we discuss why governance is important for AI systems. We also discuss the main elements that need to be addressed in the Governance layer. And, discuss what considerations and questions you need to address as you’re implementing responsible AI.
- Trustworthy AI Group Workshop
- FREE Intro to CPMAI mini course
- Top 10 Ethical Considerations for AI Projects
- The Steps for a Machine Learning Project
- CPMAI Training and Certification
- AI Today Podcast: Trustworthy AI Series: The Layers of Trustworthy AI
- AI Today Podcast: Trustworthy AI Series: Why are trustworthy, ethical and responsible AI systems necessary?