Depending on the type of AI project that you do, it can have different lengths to see ROI. In this episode of the AI Today podcast hosts Kathleen Walch and Ron Schmelzer discuss the different lengths of time to ROI for different types of AI projects.
Augmented Intelligence is where machines and humans work together to help assist the human to be better at tasks. So, the ROI for these projects can be seen fairly quickly.
Conversational systems and predictive analytics projects can also see ROI in a short to medium term.
Projects that require little to no human in the loop are going to be the most complex projects. Examples of this include anything in the autonomous pattern of AI, such as autonomous vehicles. As a result, these projects will be the longest to see a positive ROI.
By understanding these different types of projects, and the time it takes for positive ROI, it can help you scope your AI project for success.
- FREE Intro to CPMAI mini course
- CPMAI Training and Certification
- The Five Steps for an AI Project: What you’re missing
- Infographic: The Steps for an AI Project
- A Step-by-Step Approach to Running AI and Machine Learning Projects
- AI Glossary
- AI Today Podcast: AI Glossary Series- methodology, waterfall, Agile, CRISP-DM, Cognitive Project Management for AI (CPMAI)