AI is impacting very about every single industry and pharma is no exception. AI has tremendous potential in streamlining processes, optimizing drug discovery, and enhancing patient care in ways we’ve never seen before. In this episode of the AI Today podcast we have an insightful conversation with Xiong (Sean) Liu. He is the Director of Data Science and AI at Novartis.
Sean explores the incredible impact of AI in the pharmaceutical (pharma) realm. He shares some of the most compelling current applications for AI in pharma that he is seeing. He also shares, from his perspective, how Novartis is staying at the forefront of AI advancements.
But with innovation comes challenges. Sean shares the complexities of handling data and compliance in highly regulated industries like pharma. He also delves into the intricacies of navigating these hurdles and maintaining compliance while harnessing the potential of AI. Also he shares how he balances innovation and compliance when implementing AI solutions in pharmaceuticals.
Additionally, he shares what he believes to be the most promising opportunities for AI in the pharmaceutical sector over the next 5-10 years. Listen to the full interview to gain valuable insights into the power and potential of AI in shaping the future of pharma!
- FREE Intro to CPMAI mini course
- CPMAI Training and Certification
- Infographic: The Steps for an AI Project
- What is the Cognitive Project Management for AI (CPMAI) Methodology?
- The Five Steps for an AI Project: What you’re missing
- AI Today Podcast: AI in Pharma, Interview with Subroto Mukherjee, Head of Innovation and Emerging Technology, Americas at GlaxoSmithkline Consumer Healthcare